Automotive Stuff offers the best selection of Running Boards & Nerf Bars including Bar Steps, Side Steps, Truck Bed Steps, Rocker Bars and other Exterior Accessories.
Shop By Brand
The Purpose of Running Boards
As beneficial as high clearance is, it can make it difficult to get in and out of your car with ease. And especially the larger your family is, the less convenient high clearance is for you. The good news is that the solution to this problem is simple: running boards. These boards are situated on the side of your truck and serve as steps to facilitate entry and exit. Various types of running boards are available to help meet your needs.
- Standard Running Boards: Your typical running board. Standard running boards can either run along the underside of both doors on either side or will be situated under just one. In either case, these running boards are simple yet effective.
- Molded Running Boards: A slightly more fashionable choice, molded running boards come with strong molded footholds with steady foot grips that allow passengers ease of entry and exit without worrying about slippage during icy or rainy days.
- Stainless Steel and Aluminum Running Boards: The specialty of the stainless steel and aluminum running boards is the material with which they are constructed. These running boards offer incredible durability and resistance during the icy, slushy winter months. Rust-free and amazingly lightweight, the stainless steel and aluminum running boards not only facilitate entry and exit but performance as well.
- Lighted Running Boards: Perfect for situations where light is limited, lighted running boards provide additional safety by illuminating the board itself. Lighted running boards are especially useful for those who work in isolated areas as they can serve as important safety tools.
- Retractable Running Boards: The most luxurious choice, retractable running boards are perfect for those who want to enjoy the benefits of a running board without interfering with the aesthetics of their vehicle by hiding under the body when not in use.
Whichever option you decide on, remember that AutomotiveStuff.com has you covered. With trusted brands such as Go Rhino, Westin, AMP Research, and Dee Zee, you're guaranteed nothing but the very best. Not only that, we offer free shipping and full manufacturer warranties.